Electronics Design Automation on CloudFlow
R&D Project - European
- Contact person: Ioannis Emiris
- Thematic tags: Cloud computing , Scientific computing
- Start date: 01-02-2015
- Duration: 12 months
- Programme: FP7 ICT I4MS
- Funding: 120 K Euro
- IMIS funding: 19.560 Euro
- Project webpage: http://eu-cloudflow.eu/experiments/second-wave/experiment_7.html
- Partners: HELIC S.A. (Hellas, Coordinator), ATHENA Research & Innovation Center (Hellas), ESS (Hellas), Arctur Inzeniring (Slovenia).
EDA enables fast modeling and simulation of electronics circuits, and computation of important properties, on a cloud platform developed by CLOUDFLOW. In particular, ESS is a MEMS sensors producer that will use modeling and simulation tools by HELIC to investigate for possible detrimental self- and mutual- inductance effects on their sensor front-end designs, an option previously not available due to the high cost of modeling software. Software Provider HELIC will make available, online and on-demand, their modeling tools to ESS, in line with HELIC's plans to eventually establish Software as a Service (SaaS) as an alternative business model for SME end users. The Research Center ATHENA will optimize HELIC’s software for grid usage, especially in what regards distributed matrix algebra for inductance computation.